Washington, D.C.—Mayor Heidi Herzberg has joined the Drake Institute of Research and Policy as one of its seven executive board advisors. She is the Mayor of Deltona, the most populous city in Volusia County, Florida. Mayor Herzberg is a first-generation American, former small businesswoman, and an alumni of Daytona State College.
She brings 10 years of public policy leadership experience and a fierce commitment to animal rights advocacy to the Institute’s advisory board.
Mayor Herzberg currently serves as:
- Deltona’s representative to Team Volusia Economic Development Corporation
- Board Member of the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor
- Board Member of the Daytona State College Center for Women & Men
- Board member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Volusia & Flagler County
- Past President of the Volusia League of Cities
- Member of the Florida League of Cities Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Legislative Policy Committee
Through public service and volunteerism, Mayor Herzberg recognizes the importance of partnerships, working together and using our collective resources for the greater good. Mayor Herzberg will be instrumental in strengthening the Institute’s public policy footprint in the State of Florida.
# # # # #