Employment History: Benesch, (previously Ghyabi & Associates) an engineering and planning firm. Projects include: The ISB Master Plan, I-95 Widening; the Volusia Transit Corridor study; R2CTPO Bike Ped Feasibility Study, 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (2015-2018)
Volusia County Government as an elected County Council member (1993-2004) (2006-2014).
Advent Hospital East Orlando; Patients Business Director responsible for Admissions, Emergency Room Business office, Insurance Billing, Receivables and Collections. (1987-1993) Representative for the East Orlando Campus to the Multi-Cultural Management Committee for the Advent Health Medical. Served as director of the Buccaneer Chapter for the American Guild of Patient Account Managers from 1988-89.
Government Service: District 5 representative to the Volusia County Council 2007-2014; Served previously on the County Council from 1993-2004 and twice served as Chair during that time. Served 20 years on the Volusia Transportation Planning Organization, twice chair; Chaired the Central Florida MPO Advisory Council (MPOAC); Served as the Florida Association of Counties appointee to the FDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Partnership Council; Chaired the Tourist Development Council
Community service: Florida Hospital Fish Board of Trustees; Board Member Habitat for Humanity; Board Member The River to Sea Loop Alliance; Volusia County Council District 5 appointee to the Volusia County ECHO program; Member of the Volusia League of Women Voters; Graduate, Leadership Florida Class XIX; Past President of the Rotary Club of DeBary, Deltona, Orange City; Former Chair, St. Johns River Alliance; Past President Healthy Start Coalition of Volusia Flagler County; Flight Guardian for Volusia Honor Air; Founder and Chaired “Leadership West Volusia”; Past President, Boys & Girls Club, Volusia-Flagler Counties; Member, Pastor Parish Relations Committee, First United Methodist Church, Chair, Legislative Committee, Volusia County Council of PTA, 1989 – 1990 ; Den Mom and Refreshment Chair for Cub Scout Pack 565
Awards and Recognitions
- Named by My Coast Magazine as one of their 30 Most Influential People
- The Pat Northey 5K Trail (Gemini Springs Park)
- Blaine O’Neal Service Award, Flagler-Volusia Healthy Start Coalition 2014
- 2013 Espiritu Latino Award
- 2012 Hispanic Heritage Month Award
- 2012 Outstanding Elected Official of the Year: Florida Planning and Zoning Association
- The Pat Northey Holly Hill Greenway Trail
- Adventist Health Systems Community Service Award
- League of Women Voters award for Environmental Advocacy
- Extra Mile Award: The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties
- “Service Above Self” Rotary International District 6970
- Twice named the “Lloyd Larson Rotarian of the Year” for the Four Townes Rotary Club.
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- The Chamber of Commerce of West Volusia “Community Leadership Award”
- Boys & Girls Club National Medallion Award
- Citizen of the Year, Volusia County Association for Responsible Development (VCARD)
- Community Service Award, Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- Advocate of the Year, Florida Counseling Association
- Advocate of the Year, Volusia-Flagler Counseling Association
- “Women Who Have Made A Difference In The Health Of Their Communities Award,” Halifax Community Health System
Ms. Northey received a Bachelor’s degree from Nova University.
Pat and her husband, Edward, have been married since 1969. They have two sons, Ed and Erik, a Daughter in Law, Kat, and a beautiful granddaughter Morgan. They have lived in Deltona since 1974 where Pat started her public service as the refreshment chair for Cub Scout Pack 565.